Health & Safety
At Mattawa Industrial Services, our operating philosophy is “everyone home safe, every day”.
Through ongoing training, technological innovation, and process efficiencies, Mattawa strives to minimize the impact of its operations to the environment and to provide safe and healthful working conditions for our employees and those around them 100% of the time.
Mattawa’s fundamental health & safety principles are to:
- To place the health and safety of people as the top priority;
- To regularly evaluate and monitor past and present business activities impacting upon health, safety and environmental matters;
- To conform to internal standards based on generally accepted health, safety and environmental practices and established industry codes of practice;
- To comply with or exceed all applicable health, safety and environmental laws and regulations;
- Improve the efficient use of natural resources, including energy;
- Minimize waste streams and emissions;
- Implement effective recycling programs in our operations, through the use of locally and corporately set continuous improvement targets;
- To utilize state of the art design, engineering and competency based training to reduce risk to people and environmental impact to an acceptable level;
- To ensure that a systematic review program is implemented and monitored at all times for each of its operations, with a goal of continual improvement in health, safety and environmental matters;
- To ensure that accurate reports on health, safety and environmental matters are provided to Senior Management.
All levels of management are responsible and held accountable for providing a safe work environment and are expected to actively participate in meeting the aforementioned principles and objectives.
All employees are made aware of the foregoing objectives and principles and are required to incorporate and abide by the spirit of such objectives and principles in carrying out their responsibilities.